Links by Country (V-Z)
|To find links for a specific country, click on its initial letter here:|
If you don't find the country name you're looking for here, try the Country cross-reference page.
|Country||Primary||Secondary||Stats ||Postcode ||Maps ||TZs|
|Vanuatu||province||council||Stats || ||CIA||+11:00|
|Vatican City||none|| || || || ||+01:00 D|
|Venezuela||state||municipality||Stats Stats||Post||CIA Clik Mgl PDF||-04:30|
|Vietnam||province||district||Stats Stats Stats Stats||CIA Map Mgl PDF||+07:00|
|Virgin Islands, British||none|| ||Stats || ||Map||-04:00|
|Virgin Islands, U.S.||district||subdistrict||Stats||Post||Croix John Thomas PDF||-04:00|
|Wallis and Futuna Islands||kingdom||district||Stats|| ||Map Map Map ||+12:00|
|Western Sahara||province|| || || ||CIA Map||00:00 D|
|Yemen||governorate||district||Stats Stats Stats Stats Stats|| ||CIA Custom Map PDF||+03:00|
|Zambia||province||district||Stats|| ||CIA Mgl PDF||+02:00|
|Zimbabwe||province||district||Stats|| ||CIA Mgl PDF||+02:00|
- Country: common English name of the country.
- Primary: most frequent type of primary administrative division. If this item is a link, it leads to information
updating the country's entry in "Administrative Subdivisions of Countries".
- Secondary: most frequent type of secondary administrative division. Links are presented as in the Primary
- Statistics: link to a site with statistical information, often including the area and population of each division.
It will be the country's official statistical agency site, if there is one. "LoC" links to the tables in the appendix
of a Library of Congress Country Study, whenever those tables have information about country subdivisions.
- Postcodes: link to a page allowing lookup of postal codes, or a general-interest post office site.
- Maps: link to a map of the country, showing divisions. "CIA" is one of a series of one-sheet, public-domain
maps published by the Central Intelligence Agency. "FAO" is an outline map prepared by the U.N. Food
and Agriculture Organization. "HCR" is a map from the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees site. "Mgl"
is a proprietary map created by Magellan. "Clik" is a map with clickable divisions. "Custom" is a map
customized for this Web site. "PDF" is a file formatted for Adobe Acrobat (free
- TZs: add or subtract the time interval, shown as +-hh:mm, from UTC (Coordinated Universal Time)
to get local standard time. A "D" means that daylight saving time is observed in local summer. "Zones"
means the country has several time zones (but small remote areas like Easter Island are ignored for this
purpose). Links are to a page with geographical and historical details about the country's time zones.
|To find links for another country, click on its initial letter here:|
|To find out which pages on this site have recently been updated,|
visit the newsletter page.
They call their lands after their own names. - Ps. xlix:11b.