Links by Country (K-L)
|To find links for a specific country, click on its initial letter here:|
If you don't find the country name you're looking for here, try the Country cross-reference page.
|Country||Primary||Secondary||Stats ||Postcode ||Maps ||TZs|
|Kazakhstan||region||rayon|| Stats Stats Stats||Post||Clik CIA Mgl PDF PDF||Zones|
|Kenya||county||district||Stats||CIA Map Mgl PDF||+03:00|
|Kiribati||island group|| ||Stats|| ||CIA Mgl||Zones|
|Korea, North||province||county|| || ||PDF CIA Map Map Mgl||+08:30|
|Korea, South||province||county|| Stats Stats||CIA Map Map Mgl||+09:00|
|Kuwait||governorate|| || Stats Stats Stats|| || CIA||+03:00|
|Kyrgyzstan||region||district|| Stats Stats|| ||PDF CIA Map Map Maps Mgl||+06:00|
|Laos||province||district||Stats|| ||CIA Map Map Mgl PDF PDF||+07:00|
|Latvia||municipality|| ||Stats Stats Stats||Post||CIA Clik PDF PDF||+02:00 D|
|Lebanon||province||county|| Stats Stats Stats|| ||CIA Clik Map Mgl PDF||+02:00 D|
|Lesotho||district||council||Stats|| ||CIA Map Mgl||+02:00|
|Liberia||county||district||Stats|| ||PDF CIA Map Map Mgl PDF||00:00|
|Libya||district|| || || ||PDF CIA Mgl||+02:00|
|Liechtenstein||commune|| ||Stats Stats Stats Stats Stats Stats|| List||Map||+01:00 D|
|Lithuania||county||municipality||Stats Stats Stats Stats Stats|
Stats Stats Stats Stats Stats
|Post Post||CIA||+02:00 D|
|Luxembourg||district||commune|| Stats Stats Stats Stats||Post Post||CIA Map Mgl||+01:00 D|
- Country: common English name of the country.
- Primary: most frequent type of primary administrative division. If this item is a link, it leads to information
updating the country's entry in "Administrative Subdivisions of Countries".
- Secondary: most frequent type of secondary administrative division. Links are presented as in the Primary
- Statistics: link to a site with statistical information, often including the area and population of each division.
It will be the country's official statistical agency site, if there is one. "LoC" links to the tables in the appendix
of a Library of Congress Country Study, whenever those tables have information about country subdivisions.
- Postcodes: link to a page allowing lookup of postal codes, or a general-interest post office site.
- Maps: link to a map of the country, showing divisions. "CIA" is one of a series of one-sheet, public-domain
maps published by the Central Intelligence Agency. "FAO" is an outline map prepared by the U.N. Food
and Agriculture Organization. "HCR" is a map from the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees site. "Mgl"
is a proprietary map created by Magellan. "Clik" is a map with clickable divisions. "Custom" is a map
customized for this Web site. "PDF" is a file formatted for Adobe Acrobat (free
- TZs: add or subtract the time interval, shown as +-hh:mm, from UTC (Coordinated Universal Time)
to get local standard time. A "D" means that daylight saving time is observed in local summer. "Zones"
means the country has several time zones (but small remote areas like Easter Island are ignored for this
purpose). Links are to a page with geographical and historical details about the country's time zones.
|To find links for another country, click on its initial letter here:|
|To find out which pages on this site have recently been updated,|
visit the newsletter page.
This is the land which ye shall divide by lot... - Ezek. xlviii:29a.